Thursday 28 March 2013

Amsterdam bound!

At last Easter has arrived and whilst for some that means indulging in several chocolate eggs over the weekend for me it's spending 4 days in the lovely city of Amsterdam thanks to Top deck travel and Student i magazine. 



I could not be more grateful for this brilliant opportunity. Not only do I get to go on this trip but I get to write about it too and have it featured in the Student i magazine. 
I've never been to Amsterdam or the Netherlands so naturally, I am beyond excited to explore this city. Infamous for its red light district and known for such landmarks like the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House and Rijksmuseum-  I can't wait to visit them and also check out what else the city has to offer. I'm eager to try out the local fare and hope to squeeze in a trip to the Heinekein experience (for a cheeky beer,obv). More importantly I just want to have a good time and make it a really memorable experience. 

In the meantime I've been trying to do some homework on the city itself and purchased this little number today to read on the coach tomorrow. 



My journey starts at 5.30am tomorrow so I should probably get an early night. 
I definitely intend to blog whilst I'm out there so watch this space! 

Also - if anyone has any suggestions of sights to see in Amsterdam please feel free to leave the comment :-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment