First just to say Happy New Year, I hope you all had a fabulous NYE!
I've just been notified that I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by Sparrow Mint! (Thank you so much!). It's so nice to see that people actually like reading my blog and that I'm not just waffling on about a load of pointless stuff that nobody ever reads.
I have to admit, I didn't know what a Liebster Award was until I looked it up. It has quite an ambiguous origin but as far as I can tell it's an award that supports and promotes new or unpopular blogs with less than 200 followers.
The rules are as follows:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
- The fact that my blog is named after me might imply that I love my name. Well, I don't hate it- but sometimes I do wish my mum could have named me something less unusual like Sarah or something just 'cuz it can get quite embarrassing when I have to keep repeating it several times over and over so people know how to pronounce it..
- This is why I have the subtitle [Oh.zel].
- I procrastinate WAY too much in life.
- I started this blog back in 2010 and I only really started blogging in 2012. Don't judge too harshly..
- I need a new picture for my 'About me' section. One that's less... Close.
- Today I found out I won a competition to travel write in Amsterdam. I applied for it in like September 2012 and I forgot about it. I'm so excited!
- I'm nervous about life after I graduate but I think that's pretty much the deal for all third year university students.
- I wish I knew more about the current political and economic climate. They're definitely 2 subjects I intend to get to grips with this year.
- For someone who wants to be a Journalist I probably don't read enough current affairs. This too will change.
- I love your good ol' standard builders tea.
- I love Twitter and love new followers. Follow me here.
Questions from Sparrow Mint:
- What's your favourite genre of music? I enjoy most genres of music but at the moment I'm really into experimental pop and electropop music.
- Which beauty blogger would you be best friends with, if you could? Well, she's more of a fatshion blogger but I REALLY LOVE archedeyebrow's blog and her tweets are hilarious.
- What's your all time favourite drugstore makeup product? Not sure if it counts but Bourjois eyeliner. Otherwise it has to be Boots facial wipes.
- Your top 3 films? Ummmmmmmmmm.. Randomly: 1) The Batman Trilogy (Christopher Nolan). 2) The Pursuit of Happiness. 3) Bridesmaids.
- Which trend/hype do you hate/or don't get? I read something about a new body mod trend you can get done as opposed to tattoos which is called Scarification (?). It looks SO painful.
- What's a beauty secret that you swear by? I always prefer using fine brush eyeliner 'cuz it gives better definition to the flick. Lame I know, but I just have to have even eyeliner.
- What's your favourite hair care product to use? I just LOVE Aussie leave in conditioner!
- Who is your favourite Actor/Actress? Love me some Christian Bale/Joseph Gordon Levitt/Mila Kunis...
- What's your favourite scent? I love the smell of oranges...
- If you could be an animal or mythical creature, what would it be? Either a cat or a bird.
- Can you really fall in love at first sight? I definitely think you can like the sight of someone when you first look at them.. as for actually being in love, I think it's more complex than your first look.
Evie from Live a little, Learn a lot.
Loz from N O I R
Jess from J.S and Makeup
Mandy from Nestled in Nostalgia
Nora from 2:45AM
Faye from Senorita Glamourista
Kira from Obsession Lacquer
Rachel from Rachel
Bethan from The Pale Female
1) Where do you envisage yourself in 5 years?
2) What's your favourite topic to blog/write about?
3) Did you make any new year resolutions?
4) What current trend are you loving right now?
5) What's a pet hate of yours?
6) Any guilty pleasures?
7) What's a favourite beauty product that you couldn't live without?
8) What's the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
9) What do you think of social networking websites?
10) Favourite food?
11) What are you looking forward to the most about the new year?
Thanks again, Sparrow Mint!
Take care everyone!