Friday 20 September 2013

Post-summer pounds... eek!

After a fairly gluttonous few weeks I've decided some fitness is in order.

I've always had issues with my diet and my weight, being overweight as a child and a teen. I have successfully managed to shed the pounds over the last few years, taking up slimming world during uni to avoid the terrible habit of eating out, as well as just generally cutting back on all the guff- though I admit this was hard during deadlines!
Lately though it's become difficult to keep up being healthy, what with moving back home and no longer in charge of the shopping so my good eating habits have somewhat dropped. I can safely say I'm so done with my gut and I've had enough of my lingering low body self-esteem. Alongside all this there's a tiny voice in the back of my head that is just screaming at me to fix up my diet and work on becoming fitter and healthier. So I want to immerse myself in running- a cheap exercise option that doesn't require the pricey gym contract (until I can afford it).

I admit, running has always been something that I've never taken that seriously, going only so often and rather sporadically.

So I'm starting out with a running routine that I'll (hopefully) do 3 times a week in order to help develop my overall fitness levels and my running ability that I got off The Runner's World Get-Started Schedule for beginners. It's an 8-week plan that is geared to help beginners build on their fitness levels, so by the end of the 8 weeks they should be able to maintain a continuous run for 30 minutes. It sounds like a suitable plan that could work for me if I put in the right amount of hard work and dedication. I've decided the only real way I'll stick to my fitness routine is by recording it and sharing it.

In fact, I went on my first run this morning with the running gear I bought a while back and my playlist.
I only managed half an hour, walking and running in between, with a painful chest pain by the end of it. I might've overdone it (because lord knows I'm terribly unfit) but I've been told this can be normal if you're out of shape?  I plan to go again on Monday morning, sticking to the Runner's World routine.

Wish me luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment