Wednesday 15 August 2012

Post Holiday Blues: another food post.

So my last night in Lyon was mainly all about seeing the finish of the travel guide. After a long day of layout and editing the piece came together in the wee early hours of the morning, I think around 2.30am. It was a proud moment to see all the hard work of the CTR team materialized.
It was all such a learning curve and I met some really cool people who I hope to see again.
Now I am back in London Town and am trying to readjust my senses to the dull weather, the grey clouds, and work.  All reality checks are thoroughly underway; I've got loads to do.

I will blog properly soon, but in the mean time, here are some pictures from my last meal in Lyon. Me and the team went to a Bouchon in the old city, in the small time we had left, to celebrate the end of the project The food was delicious and it looked pretty good too:

A starter of chicken and lentil terrine with raspberry sauce 

Escargots!
We all tried one. They were surprisingly nice but that may have been because they were smothered in garlic and butter.  They tasted like fish. 

Duck a l'Orange with sauteed courgette, mash, and a few lettuce leaves in some vinaigrette 
Pertaining to the manner of the French palate all the dishes were pretty rich and full of flavour. The raspberry sauce surprising my taste buds on every mouthful of the terrine, the medium rare duck varnished in orange sauce... It was all so scrummy

I will most definitely miss the food!

For now.. au revoir! New post soon!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment